Monthly Flying Star May 2012


Firstly, Happy Labour Day!….. May 5th you will get this star map here.

NE  is going to be bad sector.

Same goes to SE.

If you have the kitchen at North sector, beware, check your Gas line, remember not to leave the stove and left it unwatched as Fire Hazards is prevailing. Coupled with appropriate landforms around your house, the chances are really there.

Advertisements

4 thoughts on “Monthly Flying Star May 2012

  1. Fires break out at 3 places in 1 day
    Straits Times, May 7, 2012

    Three fires broke out at different locations on Sunday – one at an HDB block, one at a Tuas plant, and another at an offshore piece of reclaimed land.

    The residential fire was the second one in a week that involved items left in a common area. The incident happened last night on the eighth floor of Block 52, Toa Payoh Lorong 6.

    Mr Jeawdeen, who goes by only one name, lives on the fifth floor and said he was watching television when he heard an explosion.

    ‘I ran out to take a look and saw some people gathered downstairs shouting, ‘Fire, fire’. When I looked up, there were flames bursting out of the eighth floor, where the lift landing is,’ said the 32-year-old self-employed man.

    A spokesman for the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said it received a call at 7.42pm. The fire, which involved bicycles and discarded items, was extinguished in 15 minutes.

    Residents who were interviewed said a family who lives in a unit beside the lift landing filled the space with as many as 10 bicycles, a mattress and a sofa.

    Resident committee members told The Straits Times that the family had been warned as recently as early last month to remove the items.

    Last Friday, a fire swept across the 11th floor of a block of rental flats in Marsiling Road. Eleven people were taken to hospital for smoke inhalation and breathlessness.

    The fire was believed to have started at the lift landing, where a resident had left a pile of items such as chairs, mattresses and appliances.

    Minister for National Development Khaw Boon Wan said later that town councils need to enforce rules against HDB residents who leave bulky items in common spaces.

    Early Sunday morning, three explosions rocked a waste management plant in Tuas.

    An eyewitness said it had been business as usual at Eco SWM before the fire broke out.

    Technicians were transporting oil sludge into a funnel leading to an incinerator, which measures 60m by 60m, when they heard loud explosions.

    Bright orange flames started shooting out of the funnel.

    They quickly activated the alarm and scrambled out of the control room.

    The room soon caught fire, leading to windows shattering and part of the roof collapsing.

    The SCDF said it was alerted to the fire at around 12.50am on Sunday. Three fire engines were dispatched and SCDF personnel put out the blaze within half an hour.

    The eyewitness, who declined to be named, said: ‘We have no idea how it happened. Everything was going smoothly, the technicians had done their checks outside, and there were no fumes or smoke before the fire started.’

    The SCDF said there were 25 employees on site at the time.

    According to the Eco SWM website, the plant was established in 1998. It is part of the Eco group of companies which deals mainly in waste management for industrial and commercial industries.

    Later, at around 2pm, the SCDF was once again mobilised for a fire at a piece of reclaimed land north-east of Singapore.

    With the support of a Singapore Armed Forces marine vessel, the SCDF dispatched its vehicles and personnel to the location.

    Firefighters arrived at the scene at 3pm and brought the blaze under control within an hour.

    The fire, which occupied an area the size of a football field, was completely extinguished by 6.30pm.

    The fire involved some construction-site machinery and equipment, and products believed to be used in land reclamation.

    An SCDF spokesman said no one was at the scene when the fire occurred.

    It is investigating the cases.

    No one was hurt in all three incidents.

    Like

  2. 8 hurt in pre-dawn fire in Jurong
    Date : 20 May 2012 1032 hrs (SST)
    URL : http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1202422/1/.html

    SINGAPORE: Eight people were injured in an early morning fire at a flat at Tah Ching Road in Jurong.

    The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said it received a call at 4.30am about the fire at Block 337B.

    The fire was confined to the living room of the affected unit on the 15th floor.

    SCDF said the unit’s six occupants had self-evacuated by the time SCDF personnel arrived on the scene. The other two are neighbours.

    The fire was put out within eight minutes.

    Twenty other residents in the block had also evacuated the building.

    Five of those injured sustained burns to various parts of their bodies.

    Three suffered smoke inhalation.

    Two of eight individuals suffered both burns and smoke inhalation.

    All eight were sent to hospital.

    Four of the injured who were sent to Singapore General Hospital are in stable condition.

    Two are in ICU while the other two are in the high dependency ward.

    As for the other four casualties who were sent to National University Hospital, two are in stable condition in the high dependency ward. Another is in the normal ward while a fourth person is expected to be discharged on Sunday.

    The casualties are aged between 24 and 90 years.

    The cause of the fire is being investigated.

    Like

  3. Two women rescued from fire in Ang Mo Kio flat
    May 31 2012

    By Cherie Thio

    FIREFIGHTERS rescued two women, including one who was 82 years old and wheelchair-bound, after a fire gutted the kitchen of their Ang Mo Kio flat yesterday.

    The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) was alerted to the fire at about 4.45pm, and rescuers arrived at the scene within five minutes.

    An SCDF spokesman said firefighters had to force their way into the second-storey unit but they managed to extinguish the fire, which was contained in the kitchen, in 15 minutes using a water jet.

    The two women were found crouching in separate bedrooms of the four-room flat, added the spokesman.

    The other woman, who is 56, is said to be the older woman’s daughter.

    Madam Lim Quee Long, a neighbour who lives directly above them, said the daughter is believed to have suffered a stroke thrice before.

    Both mother and daughter were taken to the Singapore General Hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation.

    The younger woman’s son and son-in-law, who were at the hospital, declined comment when approached by reporters. But The Straits Times understands that the two women were treated as outpatients and are in stable condition.

    Madam Lim, a 59-year-old housewife, said she saw smoke coming out of their living-room window and immediately ran to another neighbour, who called the police.

    She said the neighbour also ran down and pounded on the door to alert the two women, while she went to the ground floor to call out to the younger woman, who was spotted standing by the window.

    Both, however, did not respond to their neighbours.

    ‘More and more black smoke just kept coming out and I was very frightened for them and my flat,’ Madam Lim said in Mandarin.

    ‘We did that for about 15 minutes until the firefighters broke in.’

    Like

  4. A fascinating discussion is worth comment. I do believe that you ought too publish more on this
    topic, it may not be a taboo subject but typically people do not talk ahout these
    subjects.To the next! All the best!!

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s